Looking back

As I lazily crawled out of bed at home this morning, I remembered this was the first time my life wasn’t bound by a tight deadline a few days away. That felt pretty damn good. 

However, I’m sure in a few days when I’ve had more free time than my new convergence life could imagine, I will miss the pressure that propels me into productivity. Its slightly addictive. 

So far this semester 4804 has completely consumed my life. 

I’ve grown accustomed to seeing the earliest and latest version of the sun, going to bed and waking up. 

I’ve gone days without so much as glancing at other classes. 

I receive a routine “Hi, are you still alive?” text from my roommates who haven’t seen me for days. A few weeks ago the duo informed me they include me in their daily conversations. At least i’m there in spirit. 

I haven’t quite mastered the management of other courses while giving this one my all, but I’ve learned how to set limits when necessary. Although even those grow a sense of guilt within me.

But I’ve also learned more about story telling in the last few months than I have in the last few years. 

I’ve learned how a single personal narrative can lead to the story of a wide scope problem.

I’ve learned the precision editing takes in order to sift out any and all fact errors. 

I’ve learned how to see all facets of a story and pitch its importance accordingly.

I’ve determined how one story can be told across multiple platforms, showing a separate aspect for each one. 

I’ve learned that I can’t do everything and how to rely on my teammates. That one was pretty big for me. 

As much as this class has altered my lifestyle, it has also altered my understanding and skills within the realm of story-telling. And that has been even more beautiful than the different phases of the sun.

Comments

Popular Posts